USAID|NIGERIA – PROJECT DEVELOPMENT FACILITY (PDF) FUNDS
- United States Agency for International Development in Nigeria (USAID|NIGERIA) seeks to stimulate economic growth in Nigeria’s non-oil sector through the Nigeria Expanded Trade and Transport Project (NEXTT).
- NEXTT promotes investments along the LAgos – KAno (LAKAJI) Corridor in agribusiness and infrastructure, taking advantage of the natural trade corridor that is made up of the eight states from the ports of Lagos to the Nigeria – Niger border.
- NEXTT is the administrator of the Project Development Facility (PDF) funds, and is responsible for processing applications and implementing approved fund requests.
- The PDF is a $2 million special fund created by the USAID|NIGERIA to spur and support agro-allied investment along the LAKAJI transport corridor.
Objectives of the PDF
- Reduce risk or perception of risk for potential investors
- Mobilize private capital for investments along the LAKAJI Corridor
- Leverage capabilities of local BDS providers
- Support development of projects to make them investment-ready
The Responsibilities of HT-Limited as a Business Development Service (BDS) Provider
- Conduct initial review of sustainability for PDF and viability
- Assist in filling actionable application on behalf of interested persons
- Assist with obtaining baseline project monitoring information for self-assessment
- Provide monthly and quarterly updates on project implementation and impact